Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sunrise over the Sea of Galilee, Sunday July 7th, 2013

The morning sun peeked through our windows and I had to go look.  It was about 5:00am and the sun was not just up yet so I had time to make a coffee and return with my camera to the patio outside of our room.  At 5:00am is was not yet hot and I knew that I should sit down and enjoy the coolness of the morning because as soon as the sun got just high enough...hello hot!  This is the view from our patio/balcony.  Pretty nice right?  The Sea of Galilee is not a Sea though.  It is a lake.  A lovely lake.  You can see the entire lake from our view point.  It seems to get windy in the afternoon.  That must have been the time of day that the storm came up and Jesus had to calm the sea/lake.  Actually, yesterday there were whitecaps on the sea and that was my first thought.  The boats in Jesus' time were small and wooden with no power steering.  Enjoy the picture.  Our day was incredible.  This was just the beginning.

No comments: